Written by: Christopher Sernaque
1. While this verse is a reference to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, it is also a reference to Jesus Christ coming to our names in the Investigative Judgement.
2. 2 Peter 3:11-12 clearly connects sanctification, or victory over sin, as preceding the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
3. Therefore, some aspect of the judgment takes place before the Second Coming of Christ. Revelation 22:12 makes this plain, if His reward is with Him, then He must have already come to the records.
4. The Investigative Judgement is about the cleaning of the Sanctuary or the blotting out of sin in our lives. (Daniel 8:14, Leviticus 16:7:22)
5. Blotting out of sin, or victory over sin, proceeds the Second Coming. This is the work that we must be engaged in now. (Acts 3:19-20)
6. Being that we do not know the time in which Jesus will come to our names in the Investigative Judgement, we must be ready always by His grace. (Luke 12:40)
7. In conclusion, Matthew 24:42-44 is teaching that we must be ready for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, and be ready always because we do not know when Jesus will come to our names in the Investigative Judgement.
By the grace of God, I will soon write an article that will expound more on these points. Until then, may the Lord bless you and your family and friends.